The LiPRO HKW Wood-Gasification-CHP-Plant is an innovative renewable energy conversion facility, which converts solid biofuel by the LiPRO staged gasification process through a thermo-chemical reaction into a combustible syngas. This generated syngas will be converted by a combustion engine into thermal and mechanical energy. The thermal energy will be used for local district heating purposes, the mechanical energy will be converted by an electric generator into electric power in the same step and same technical unit.
LiPRO Wood-Gasification-CHP-Plant utilizes a unique multi-stage gasification process!
The innovative LiPRO Wood-Gasification-CHP-Plant is a wood gasification plant with a multi-stage gasification process. The LiPRO gasification unit has individual technical separated process stages in order to control individually but fully automated the single process-specific conditions of individual reactions. This ensures the production of most clean and tar free syngas and due to that, the most reliable plant performance.
- After Pyrolysis, the long chained carbon hydrogen molecules get partly oxidised in the Oxidation to avoid tar in the syngas. Under the absence of solid fraction, while the charcoal goes straight into the Reduction unit, we are able to guarantee a homogeneous combustion on high and equal temperatures around 1050 °C. This ensures continuous production of high quality clean syngas, which can be used in combustion engines without complicated purification.
- Further advantages consist in the separated Reduction and its geometry. This allows consistent lower temperatures to avoid glass ash formations
- The innovative grate geometry allows an easy discharge of foreign materials such as stones or nails.
The nominal output of the Modell HKW 30 is 70 KW thermal and 30 kW electric and for the Modell HKW 50 110 KW thermal and 50 KW electric. It has an energy efficiency of 84 percent, based on the fuel consumption. By scaling up several plants in a row, the plant can be customized according to customers need.
The system can be operated fully automated without staff. For LiPRO wood power plant, only a 14-day maintenance and a weekly feed of the fuel storage is necessary.
Technical Specifications of LiPRO CHP
|Description:||HKW 30||HKW 50|
|Nominal Electrical Output||30 kW||50 kW|
|Nominal Thermal Output||60 kW||90 kW|
|Engine hours / Year||8.000 h||8.000 h|
|Electrical Output / Year (at 8000h/a)||240.000 kWh||400.000 kWh|
|Thermal Output / Year (at 8000h/a)||480.000 kWh||720.000 kWh|
|Fuel Quality [mm]||P45||P45|
|Water Content [%]||< W10||< W10|
|Small Fraction [<10mm in %]||< 30%||< 30%|
|Fuel Consumption/h||24 kg||40 kg|
|Fuel Consumption/a||192 t||320 t|
|Electrical Output Voltage||400 V||400 V|
|Frequency||50 Hz||50 Hz|
|Thermal Outlet Temperature||max. 90°C||max. 90°C|
|Thermal Inlet Temperature||max. 75°C||max. 75°C|
|Dimension Gasification Unit||6.166 x 1.600 x 2.300 mm|
|Dimension CHP Unit||2.360 x 1.100 x 1.910 mm|
|Dimension Control Cabinet||1.200 x 500 x 2.200 mm|
- Agricultural and forestry enterprises
- Industrial and commercial enterprises with high heat and power demand
- Hotel and Restaurant enterprises
- District Heating Grid operators to supply several buildings
- Public buildings
- Sport and Pool Facilities
Wood gas composition of Lipro HKW
|Components||typical gas composition1)||LiPRO HKW measured gas composition2)|
|CH4||in Vol.-%||3,0 – 7,0||2,7|
|CO2||in Vol.-%||11 – 19||12,4|
|calorific value||in MJ/Nm³||3,0-6,5||5,7|
1)Typical compositions of the dry syngas from the atmospheric gasification of woody biomass with air (M. Kaltschmitt, H. Hartmann (Hrsg.), Energie aus Biomasse, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2001)
2)Method DIN 51872-5